- Engage with us in other related ways, including any events organized by the Consortium, subscription in our newsletters or other types of communities to be endorsed by the Consortium in the course of the project
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the services, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the Services, or otherwise when you contact us.
Personal Information provided by you. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal data we collect may include the following: names, email addresses, job titles, usernames, passwords, contact preferences, mailing addresses.
Sensitive Information. We do not process sensitive information.
When visiting the AUGMENTED CCAM website
The IT systems and applications designated for the operation of this website detect, during the course of their ordinary operation, certain data – the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols – not associated with directly identifiable users.
The data collected may include cookies, IP addresses of computers used by users connecting to the site, the URI – Uniform Resource Identifier – addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to send the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response from the server (completed successfully, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s IT environment.
When filing a question/request via our contact form
Other personal data collected are those provided by the user/visitor when corresponding with the e-mail addresses indicated on our site or when filling out our online contact form.
The sending of personal, non-mandatory data also by email on an optional, explicit, and voluntary basis to the addresses indicated on this website means that the address of the sender is then acquired, this being necessary in order to respond to the request, together with any other personal data included in the message.
When you register to receive Newsletters
We use google form as a service to create and distribute the project newsletter as well as manage subscriptions. The personal data that are collected are the following: email address; first name; last name, entity.
Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your LinkedIn, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section about social logins below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your personal information for a variety of reasons, depending on how you interact with our services, including:
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To communicate AUGMENTED CCAM achievements, informing about project events and sending invitations for participation or diffusing project outcome
WHAT LEGAL BASES DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate interests. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We will only send you direct newsletters, emails, or text if we have your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may share your personal data with data recipients for:
- Elements that the Consortium is obligated or entitled to by law, contract, judgement, and regulatory decision to notify may be public and independent administrative authorities, judicial authorities and public officials.
- All the elements necessary for the achievement of each specific purpose: the administration and the relevant services of the Consortium.
The Consortium shall not disclose, assign, exchange, grant or otherwise dispose, without the consent of the user/visitor, to third parties, natural or legal persons, personal data other than the cases mentioned above within the scope of national laws provisions.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We collect and further process personal data in compliance with all applicable legislation and/or regulations, including but not limited to the (i) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
We will comply at all times with data protection law and principles, which means that your personal data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you herein and/or from time to time, and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have informed you
- Kept securely.
HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
Our Services offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, and profile picture, as well as other information you choose to make public on such a social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Services. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use, and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting, or other legal requirements), but no longer than 5 years after the conclusion of the project. No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
Your personal data are processed by electronic means in compliance with the provisions of art. 32 of GDPR 2016/679, national law and in compliance with the principles of data’s confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Your personal data are transferred in an encoded manner using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the additional “s” after “http” (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or from the lock icon. Moreover, we use suitable technical and organizational measures, which are being continuously enhanced, to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties.
However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right to:
- Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding it.
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request rectification of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you.
- Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal does not affect the processing of your data which is based on the consent you have given before the withdrawal. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purpose/purposes you originally agreed to. However, please note that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal nor, will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You also have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for dissemination and communication purposes.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at the contact details provided on the website.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our legal terms and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and similar technologies
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
If you have questions or comments about your data protection rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated "Revised" date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our DPO by emailing us at email@example.com or by post to:
AUGMENTED CCAM PROJECT
FEHRL – Europe’s National Road Research Centres
Square de Meeûs, 35
1000 Brussels | Belgium